Namik glacier gets its name from namik village which means a place where saline water spring is found Namik glacier is part of the kumaon Himalayas at an altitude of 3600m above sea level and is situated right in the lap of the Nanda kot mountain , with magnificent views of the Mountains of Nandadevi, Nandakot and Trishuli . Namik glacier is still a virgin trek as this place is not regularly visited by trekkers and tourists making it a perfect destination for people looking for some untouched natural beauty of the high altitude villages and meadows . A number of waterfalls and Sulphur springs originate from the glacier and together with astounding views of the greater Himalayas , this trek is definitely going to leave you in awe of the fascinating beauty of the Kumaon Himalayas .
- Trip starts from Kathgodam and ends at Kathgodam so that people dont have to worry about any logistics beyond booking a train ticket to Kathgodam(Gateway to the Kumaon Himalayas)
- A 9 day tour instead of the usual 6-7 day trips being offered by other providers , giving us ample time to explore each and every campsite during the trek.
- Birding throughout the trip duration, helping our customers spot, identify and photograph rare and exotic Himalayan birds
- Helping generate revenue for the local economy as all our staff( Guides, porters, cooks ) are locals of these remote villages of Kumaon . They also know the place and the surroundings better than most and have wonderful mythical and adventure stories to share
- With us , you don’t just go on a trek, our tour leader will make sure , a combination of activities turns a trek into a complete and fulfilling experience !
Pick up from kathgodam station and a 6 hrs. drive takes us to bageshwar for overnight stay in a hotel with lunch enroute. Bageshwar is a quaint little town situated at the confluence of the gomti and saryu rivers and is the gateway to the high mountains of kumaon . Dinner and overnight at Bageshwar
Bageshwar to gogina : A 3 hours drive Takes us to the beautiful Himalayan village of Gogina from where magnificent views of panchachuli mountains are visible , check in to a homestay , lunch as we indulge in some bird watching in the afternoon . dinner and overnight at Gogina
Gogina to namik : – post breakfast a 7 km trek takes us to the last inhabited village enroute of namik . accommodation in homestays or tents , lunch, as we explore the beautiful village in the afternoon interacting with locals and their lifestyle and culture . dinner and overnight at namik
Namik to Thala bugyal : post breakfast, we make our way to the high altitude meadow and campsite at thalabugyal , it’s a 5 km easy trek passing through rhododendron and mixed forests to the well spread out bugyal , lunch followed by some afternoon bird watching hoping to find some high altitude birds like monal, finches etc.
Thalabugyal to Chopfu : – post breakfast a 4 km steep climb brings us to the beautiful campsite at chopfu , place from where we get magnificent views of the panchachuli ranges . lunch , as we explore the place around for some birds and mammals like Himalayan tahr , pika etc.
Chopfu to view point and back to chopfu :- total trek of 6km s , a 3 km trek to the view point , as we leave early morning with packed breakfast , At the view point , witness mount nandakot at seemingly touching distance along with fabulous views of mount trishuli and nandadevi . Another 3km s trek back to chopfu for lunch and overnight stay in camps at chopfu
Chopfu to namik :post breakfast, A 6km downhill trek to namik , reach by afternoon, followed by lunch and explore the village around late afternoon . overnight at namik .
Namik to bageshwar : a 6km trek to the roadhead followed by a 3 hour transfer by jeep to bageshwar for overnight stay.
Bageshwar to Kathgodam: After breakfast transfer to kathgodam railway station for onwards journey.
- All transport kathgodam to kathgodam
- Accommodation in Hotel at bageshwar , homestays/ camps in goinga and namik on twin sharing
- Camping at Thala bugyal and chopfu
- All meals during the trek from Gogina on the 2nd day to namik on the 7th day
- Tents, sleeping bags, trekking equipment, kitchen tents
- Porters , guide and trek leader
- Guided bird watching
- Forest permits
1) Personal expenses like laundry, mineral water, energy bars, medicines etc.
2) All meals during transit and at bageshwar
3) Anything not mentioned in inclusions
4) Insurance of any kind
- Trekking shoes
- woolens, warm jacket, wind cheater
- personal medications
- water treatment pills
- lip balm
- sunscreen lotion
- gloves and thermal inners..