WHITE WATER THRILLER ON MAHAKALI (1night 2days)
Travelderness has teamed up with one of the pioneers in rafting on the mahakali river on the india- nepal border . Raj garkoti has worked with Discovery and NGO channels in Mahakali river(Sarada) for Monster India documentary. He has an experience of around 25 years on the mahakali and has successfully done rafting and angling expeditions on the river.
DAY 01: Pick up from rudrapur around 10 ( Shatabdi starts at 6 and reaches rudrapur by 10, A 2.5 hour drive takes you to Boom near tanakpur , where the riverside camp is located .check in to your respective camps. Followed by lunch. Enjoy the gushing waters of the mahakali in its full flow. Afternoon safari inside nandhaur wildlife sanctuary in a gypsy looking for leopards , sloth bear, elephants and if we are lucky even a tiger .back to camp for Evening tea followed by bonfire .Overnight stay at Camp Boom.
DAY 02: RIVER RAFTING – Early morning hit the river for rafting
(10 kms ) encounter grade 3 and grade 4 rapids as the raft sails across the mighty Mahakali. Set foot on Nepal as the raft makes a halt on the other side of the river. post this thrilling experience , head back to camp for breakfast , followed by transfer to Rudrapur for journey back to delhi ( shatabadi leaves rudrapur at 4:45 PM )
COST: Rs. 4999 INR per person
Minimum people Required : 6 .
- Accommodation in beach side river camp.
- All meals VEG (morning & evening tea, breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Rafting and all permits from the Forest & Tourism Department.
- Transfer to camp and back from rudrapur station
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Personal expenses like shopping, etc…
- Laundry expenses.
- Any further expenses caused by natural calamities like landslides, earthquake or storm or political crisis, war, riots, etc